The holidays are rapidly approaching and we like to encourage our kids to do whatever they can to help give back to our community. We like to spread the holiday cheer as far as we can and thought it would be great to share some ideas on how you can get your kids involved and how they can give back this holiday season.
Check out these great ideas to help give back!
- Have the kids create holiday cards to give out to members in your community. Residents in nursing homes love to get holiday greetings and sometimes, these are the only kind they receive.
- Most kids have more toys then they need or play with so why not have them go through all of their toys and find some to donate to a local shelter for other kids to enjoy.
- Let the kids help make some baked goods and pack up goodie bags and then have them deliver them to your local law enforcement departments.
- If your child has a lot of books that they no longer read, have them go through them and donate them to a local shelter for children.
- Find a local food pantry or shelter that allows kids to help out and schedule a time to volunteer as a family.
- Teach your kids to help neighbors by assisting with raking, shoveling, walking a pet, or taking out the trash.
In addition to these ideas, our kids also enjoy creating ornaments to give to neighbors, local businesses, and family members.
Be sure to check for local events in your community looking for volunteers that allow all ages to help give back.